Saturday, September 22, 2007

Vagueness

Vagueness, I love it. One of the harshest criticisms that we can make of another person's mind is that the thoughts within it are vague..."not thought out well"...'unsophisticated' by virtue of an impoverished vocabulary or a variety of other ailments.
But I love vague people. Through their vague utterances and the less-vague responses of people, I learn more about how they, and their peers and parents think. To be more specific (less vague?..hm. maybe not), I learn about what associations most people make. Less vague people often work with the same assumptions and associations, but cloaked up in more sophisticated language.

2 comments:

Mermaid Melanie said...

I find that vague is amusing when presented in conversation that means nothing. But when involved with someone that may actually care about you, that quality leads to misunderstanding and apprehension.

honesty works best no matter the circumstances. just polish it up with a little humor or good intentions, and you have a more true vision.

Lance Abel said...

I couldn't agree more with you here melanie...
Perhaps I should communicate my state better than using the words good, angry, frustrated, happy.